Friday, June 02, 2017

Helmets good

I thought he was sitting down but he was standing so when I took off he fell out of the back from four feet up and landed with a crack on the concrete. The helmet wasn't clipped on but it stayed on and protected his head. Without it he could be dead.

The accident was my fault---I have should have checked before heading off he was safely seated---and he didn't want to get back in. But I explained it was me and not the bike at fault and we got back home okay.

The helmet is fucked but it did its job. I nearly lost him to a dumb accident that was carelessness. Hooray for the helmet taking that blow.

Probs that was close. I'm still aghast. Safety gear; a must to save you when you're rendered unsafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No comments needed, really.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.