Friday, April 07, 2017

BYB is rezzed

The BYB was fixed. I watched it happen from the back of a decaying wooden rocking horse out in the carport. The chain was a link too long so the new one was shorter. The frame of the bike had to be lengthened a tad to make it nice and tight.

The repair dude was dressed in typical nothing-to-imagine biking Lycra so that answered the "do they wear it when not biking?" question. He turned out to be a fellow hippie, those whose hips are now half or all machine, and we swapped battle stories of suffering then recovery.

I took the BYB for another test run and ended up in a place I've never been in the near ten years in this part of town. It was beyond my walking range from when I walked so off I went up a mild hill into places unknown. The path ended at a mighty tunnel with a bush trail beyond.

Battery low from wielding my form I furtled home. Only once did the chain slip and I got it back on with the first attempt.

It is insanely great to experience my surrounds in relative comfort and at speed. Before when I walked I was always in pain. On the bike it hurts now and then, but only a bit and not for long. Slow and yuck has given way to nimble and not.

WFTW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No comments needed, really.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.