Friday, March 31, 2017

Still here

I saw in 5 am from no sleep and as I tried to drift away my pre-sleep thoughts were of events past; common when you have PTSD. As I did a quiet note of pride played for all past-Mikey both went through and did. 

past-Mikey is incredible; and now-Mikey struggles to understand how he endured it. 

He's still here; I'm still here. I should be dead a hundred times over and I'm still here.

I know it's magical thinking to think there's something outside normal space and time at play but it still gives me a shiver when I stack up all the burdens and near-deaths I've enjoyed and marvel at my continued existence.

I should be dead but I'm still here.

WFTW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No comments needed, really.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.