Tuesday, February 21, 2017

PTSD flared? Baste in anthems

One of the techniques I use to battle the sads is with battle music; anthems that give both joy and a feeling of "to the barricades!"

After recent unpleasantness I needed some epic basting to counter the dark menace of looming anxiety so I queued up song after song of epic power as a reminder that I did that and that I survived it.

The "to the barricades!" mix
:

I Love It” by Icona Pop

The Nosebleed Section” by Hilltop Hoods

"Danger! High Voltage" by Electric Six

Get Back” by Ludacris (from the Tropic Thunder end credits)

The Old Landmark” performed by James Brown (from The Blues Brothers)

Tubthumping (I get knocked down)” by Chumbawamba

Some Nights” by Fun.


(later that day...)

Sabotage” by the Beastie Boys

WFTW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No comments needed, really.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.