Monday, January 30, 2017

They knew what they were voting for

There's a view that Trump voters voted for him because of their pain.

Crap. They voted for him because he was the projection of their nativist id and immoral certitude.

I have little sympathy for the impact that Trump will have on his supporters.

I believe Trump is the dead cat bounce of white male privilege and I heartily suspect he will be gone before 2020.

But then I didn't think there were enough deluded people to have voted him in. And I was wrong on that.

Trump voters giddily embraced his world view because he was projecting theirs.

They knew what they were voting for. I hope they remember that when Trump drops on them ... like removing access to affordable healthcare.

Every one else has my sympathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No comments needed, really.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.