Friday, January 06, 2017

Sounds of the Australian summer handled ... for now

With PTSD some sounds are murder on your soul; depending, that is, on how fired up your PTSD is.

The Australian summer in the suburbs is blessed with pleasant noise like birdsong but infested with the unpleasant like mower or blower noise.

With much rain there is much mowing and in a street in the suburbs that happens a lot.

It happened at our house. But as part of exposure tolerance I didn't hide with ears covered. I acted normally as if the noise was not there. I handled it.

Now PTSD can flare and I will have another attack at some point. And I sure as fuck couldn't handle being right next to a motorised plant abuser.

But how nice it is to be able to not only endure the noise for now but occasionally forget it is even there.

Recovery progress for the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No comments needed, really.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.