Friday, November 04, 2016

Sock on my bum

I had to have a CT scan for my abdomen and that involved wearing the dreaded paper gown.

It was on taking off my pants that I saw for the entire day I'd been walking around with a sock static clinging to the inside seat.

So in the sock went to my hat along with pocket effects ahead of the big scan.

The drinking liquid was not pleasant and the sensation of the injected contrast flooding my body was unsettling to say the least. She said it would feel like I wet myself.

She was right.

The hideous chemicals did a number on my system and so it came to be that I spotted myself before I was able to get to the toilet for the full post-contrast dump.

But what a win for an experience of the needle; she was so deft I didn't feel it go in.

It felt good to submit myself to medical professionals who buoyed me with good cheer and got me through annoying tests unscathed. 

Well, save for my undies. 

Anyway, a sock on one's bum. I didn't know it was there until I saw it and thus it proves I lack the genetic markers for European royal lineage.   

Area man is one with his peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No comments needed, really.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.