Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Shed drift

As part of recovery from psychological injury you have to keep yourself busy. So I've found I'm spending my days in the shed playing Freecell whilst listening to WTF or NPR. That keeps me from lapsing into anxious memories or from orating or singing about travails and woe

It's not a bad way to recover. 

The two days following the epic fright of Sunday's fight (slash) flight have meant toilet massaman and nasty fibro ("I hates it!"). I'm on edge with hand tremours and finger-spring an added irritation. But I am up and I am healing.

I read about a study that had shown women worry about what people think of how they look and men worry if people think they are weak. 

I can't tell you how powerful it is to shed those. I have a body I accept and I wear my depression with pride. My weaknesses make me strong.

WFTW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No comments needed, really.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.