Saturday, September 12, 2015

Old brown slippers rezzed like the Mountain

With thanks to season five of Game of Thrones. So there are spoilers.

My old brown slippers recently took a battering when I walked through puddled rain water. Made of cardboard and low quality textile they nearly fell apart.

But I've rezzed them. I used theWife's silver gaffer tape. My initial attempt failed—I used teeth to cut the tape and the jagged edges didn't stick down properly. So I redid it, this time with scissors and lo they are okay.

I will keep them as shed slippers, to wear where my ALDI yoga mat doesn't cover the bare concrete floor beneath where the laptop chair sits. 

Never again shall I expose the old brown slippers to the rain.

So it's not really like the Mountain getting his Frankenstein's-monster-like resurrection because "he" grew tougher whereas old brownies ... well, let's just say they're not what they used to be and leave it at that.

All hail gaffer tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No comments needed, really.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.