Friday, January 20, 2012

Another Dr Evil spawned near miss

Our desktop computer sits atop the last piece of ex-govie furiture on active duty within the house, an old but still robust adjustable grey desk. With it is the Dr Evil Chair, a wheeled reclining office number purchased from the place where the Office comes alive, Officeworks.

It's a comfortable chair to use, and I've spent many an hour with the chair tilted back, listening or watching something on the TV yonder or the computer itself. It's a good chum. Only its tilting capacity has in the past tipped me out of said chair.Such as that time I had theBoy (as a baby) in my arms and just the other day I was laughing at something theBoy did and the chair and I fell over onto our side.

Tonight we were doing Storyverse in the end room and I leaned back. I must have leaned back too much to the right as the chair started to fall backwards. It only didn't fall because I had the middle three fingers of my right hand pressed against the carpet, taking the weight of me and the chair, as I had managed to flail my arm out to stop the fall in progress. 

I started yelling for theWife as I had no means to push myself back up and I could feel my fingers failing. theBoy tried to help but he's too little to be able to do anything like pull his plus-sized Dad back up from a frozen-in-mid-fall manuever. Fortunately theWife heard me, after I up-ticked the yelling to very loud and panicked (she was at the other end of the house), and got to me just before my fingers gave way.

Once again Mikey dodged a potential hip-dislocation, with my being at most risk of damage in the six weeks post operation. Alas the same can't be said for the many-world Mikey that either fell or didn't get help in time.

Dr Evil chair ... sometimes ... I dunno ... I'm not sure I can entirely trust you.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, it turns out it's not a chair for Dr Evil to sit in so much as a chair that is the reincarnation of Dr Evil. You might want to consider exorcism. Or burning. It worked for the witches...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could throw it into a pond and see if it bobs to the surface...

      Delete
  2. Anonymous11:41 AM

    Throw it into the pit of ice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Re-starts vacuum; whooooooooooshhhhhhh )

      Delete
  3. GametesRhyme9:01 PM

    better yet, stick it in the water chair, drown it and if it breathes after being left for say 15 minutes, then it's not really a witch..

    Maybe then the exorcism?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the idea of my Dr Evil chair being able to breathe underwater... Also, that it breathes at all. Of course that implies it is a living thing that is enslaved solely to support my overly ample frame. I hope the Brown family doesn't hear about this and launch a raid to free it.

      Delete