Tuesday, March 08, 2011

I received ... no reply

We had someone leave recently. The card which was wandering around the office like head lice at a day care went missing. A call went out to find it.

A’s farewell card seems to be lost in the etha. If you know where it is can you return it to me please.

Isn’t that an adorable spelling of ether?

A, concerned at the potential loss of her farewell missive, responded to all.

Gee, I hope it's been found!!

I felt the world needed me to respond. Fortunately for Mikey, despite having munged some pills, I knew to send it just to her.

Me too. Or we'll have to mime a card being handed over at arvo drinks.

That happened to me in a nativity play - I was the inn keeper. There was supposed to be a lantern in the wings for me to grab as I stepped out with Mary* and Joseph - but it wasn't there. So I had to hold my hand up, fist down like I was gripping something, and pretend.

Later I played a wolf in an adaptation of Dahl's Little Red Riding Hood. In the middle of my big wolf speech my tail dropped off. I threw it into the audience like a lupine burlesque performer.

Still got it! (waggles tie)

I'm ... heavily medicated...

*All boys school so Mary was a dude. Which, if that had been the case in 4 BC when Jesus was born, would have been a miraculous birth.

As is typical with Mikey messages … I received no reply. But in the end it’s all about me and so with that in mind, was it worth it? It sure was. Because that’s some fucking funny shit right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment