Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Nice one contractor

In my workplace the amount of sugar I have in my coffee has become a bit of a running joke.

I have four.

Yes, that's right, I have four sugars in my coffee. Why? Because I don't like sour drinks, that's why. But I still want the caffeine hit. And I rarely drink coffee anyway, maybe one or two a week, so it's not that big a deal.

But my lovely new boss, shocked at this high level, has deemed I can only have one sugar in my coffee from now on. Thus the comedy lies in my subverting this "rule" with a wink to the barista when I order.

I think that's a p0rn movie, isn't it? A wink to the barista? If not, it should be.

Today S was taking some contractors down for a cafe stop. I asked if he could get me a coffee. I then added loudly 'WITH ONE SUGAR' (for the benefit of my over the partition dwelling boss), whilst holding up four fingers to indicate the actual amount of sugar wished for.

One of the contractors shrieked 'No, no, he held up his fingers! He indicate four. FOUR!' like some fuckwit giving away the behind the scenes of a magic trick at some kid's party - 'the coin is in his sleeve and the carrot is under his hat!'

He then beamed broadly like he discovered a great secret. I think he was expecting a back pat or a congratulatory handshake or something for his success at basic perception.

Sigh... way to get in the way of a running joke, Nimrod.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get fucked you spamming cnts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:05 PM

    Goddamn, Mikey! 4? You must be one wired dude at work all day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often wonder if that contractor was kicked out of the Indian call center for being too damned annoying.

    And then I think, "Of course he was."

    ReplyDelete