Monday, November 16, 2009

Australia post - adapting itself to the modern world

Today I had to go to Oz Post. Recognising I wasn't going to make it it to a 5pm close, I hunted down a 6pm closing Post Office. I used the Oz Post website.

I turned up at 5.20. Where a sign greeted me saying it was closed. It was one of those sub post offices within a larger shop. So I said 'Um, the website said you close at 6.'

The woman responded. 'Er no ... it's now 5.'

As I left I snarled out 'well ... that was a huge pain in the arse.'

She responded with a cheery and likely sarcastic 'see ya!'

Yeah ... because as a white collar worker whose core hours are 830 - 5pm I am surely going to use their fucked service in the future.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm I have a huge beef with Australia Post right now, but it deserves a post of its own. Meanwhile, rest assured that I'm with you in sending bad vibes their way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mikey stand by for a corker of an australia post story from bevester....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It rather is like the dark ages still, where the Canberra GPO doesn't even open on Saturdays. Who do they think they are, public servants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Area man demands story!

    Ah my Bolshie friends - they are not public servants. For they own and operate a small franchise within their shop ... and have decided to reduce their hours to when I DON'T NEED TO FUCKING USE THEIR SERVICES!

    Bastards.

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete