Monday, September 21, 2009

Bits and pieces

Up visting my folks, so getting internet time is tricky.

But ...

TheNoo threw up in our lovely newish car about 30 kays from my parent's home. He'd gone almost 600 kays before it came out. So in a way, if it was going to happen, at the end was the best way. We had to strip off his top while off the side of the road - and we couldn't get that far off as the side of the road sloped badly. So there I was, holding him half naked, flecks of vom on his cheeks (and in his hair which we found out later). The hazards were going whose blinking glow turned him red with each flash. We could see the spray of stars above us in the moonless night sky and I said 'look doodoo, stars. Like in twinkle, twinkle.'

Then, in his soft baby voice, he started to sing twinkle, twinkle. Awwwww.

* * *

Last night, I noticed theWife had undone her hair. She has very nice hair, all wavy curls. It was cascading over her shoulders.

Me?

'Aw, pretty hair.'

TheWife.

'BUUUURRRRAAAAARRRRRRP.'

Yes, the biggest monster burp I have heard in some time. I'm pretty sure I got flecked with aerated Chinese food as it came out.

* * *

My dad was changing a printer cartridge. He weighed the empty one against the new one and determined the difference was 4 grams in weight. The new cartridge costs around $20.

Cue his outrage. '$20! That's nearly as much as gold!'

* * *

I had to change theboy. We're using a spare bed as a change table. There was a stack of newspapers on the bed for recycling. There wasn't a sheet or blanket or towel I could put down in easy reach so I put down newspapers. When theWife saw she teased me about it.

For the life of me I can't see how that wasn't the ideal option. If theboy crapped on it, or had a poo bottom and crap rubbed off, then I'd just chuck the paper. Is this a man vs woman thing? Enquiring minds want to know...

2 comments:

  1. Um, newspaper FTW! It sounds like a very practical option, so why not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you have to help your dad with the printer? lol

    ReplyDelete

No comments needed, really.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.