Saturday, January 03, 2009

Hanging with da nieces

My nieces are pretty kewl. They're 8ish and 6ish. Yes, I should know specifics. I am a slack Uncle.

We were playing post lunch New Years day. I was wearing dodgy slip off thong like sandals - and socks - which meant any speed greater than walking meant a danger of face plantage.

I played stuck in the mud. A wiley niece, the untagged one, was just out of reach. So I moved faster than walking speed ... and face planted - cutting my thumb and earning an elbow ouchie.

Previous to that, I was pretending to be afflicted in order they would let their guard down as I got closer. Saying you can't hear them is a good one because they get exasperated and come closer to you to repeat their insults - then ... GOTCHA!

Only they'd wised up to that. So I thought I'd pretend I had vision problems.

At the top of my voice I yelled 'I'VE GONE TEMPORARILY BLIND FOR SMALL CHILDREN.'

It was a few seconds after that left my voicebox that I realised that it probably sounded a bit dodgy - along the lines of that urban myth re Turning Japanese.

Then, later, while I was sitting on the chair swing with the younger niece, she Spring Break lifted my shirt and declared that I had 'Nice Nipples'.

Let's hope the neighbours managed to avoid calling social services...

2 comments:

  1. Ah, kids. Not much of a fan until they do things like that.

    My cousin's son is particularly amusing when doing the unexpected. Can't really write about it while on a library computer though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo you have my interest piqued.

    ReplyDelete

No comments needed, really.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.