Friday, December 19, 2008

Not with a bang but with a whimper

I'm largely done RE where I used to work, and am pretty much ready to start in the new area.

As I was taking my last box of crap away I realised I probably wouldn't see certain members of my now former management chain again before I start.

By rights I probably should have said good-bye. But given their churlish treatment of moi, passive aggressive hostility and manifest failure to actually manage or respond to my needs I decided against it.

So I snuck out.

Yes, I am admittedly pathetic. It was like leaving a breaking up group house and not saying good-bye to a flatmate.

UPDATE:

This is not to blow my own trumpet. Thought I admit I do that now and then. But today when I borrowed the work car I noticed it was nearly out of fuel. The rule of thumb is that if it's down to a third you fill it up. Some of those involved in administering the car's admin are not pleasant people. They get upset when people don't do that. I easily could have returned the car without having done it. I wanted to in fact. But, no, I still went and filled it up. Why? Because it was the right thing to do.

Okay - it's a bit of a trumpet blow - but it would be nice if more people in the white collar world actually did the right thing.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! New area!!!

    I cleaned and packed up my desk yesterday (office wide move). It's the tidiest any desk of mine has been in over 11 years.

    ReplyDelete