Friday, December 12, 2008

An email uh-oh

From: L
Sent: Friday, 12 December 2008
To: (all staff in our branch)
Subject: Have you found a watch

Good morning,

I have taken off my watch and have now misplaced it - if you find a Citizen watch with a blue face/dark grey band could you please let me know - I would be very grateful....

Many thanks.
L

A few minutes pass, then ...

From: L
Sent: Friday, 12 December 2008
To: (all staff in our branch)
Subject: RE: Have you found a watch - I FOUND IT......... please don't ask where........doh

So L found her watch, and pinged a reply to all she sent it to with an amended subject line.

Me?


From: Me
Sent: Friday, 12 December 2008
To: L; (all staff in our branch)
Subject: RE: Have you found a watch - I FOUND IT......... please don't ask where........doh

"..... please don't ask where...."

Gold. My mind is afire with possibilities ...


Yes, that's right. I replied all instead of replied. It went to everyone on the list.


Holy crap on a crapping stick.

Thank gawd I am being transferred shortly...

4 comments:

  1. Haha oops... oh dear. I dread the day when I do that... I've managed to avoid it so far, but I think it happens to everyone eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was like something out of an office setting sitcom :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mikey, bless. So much time I have for the fauz pas you admit to so freely... I only had to use outlook recall once this week myself..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done it too.

    Thankfully, about 10 years ago now and most, if not all, of the people who received it are long gone.

    ReplyDelete