Friday, October 03, 2008

Palin V Biden

Well it was a good debate. Of course the Repubs succeeded by exceeding very low expectations. Which is exactly how they've claimed debate victories in every presidential debate I have ever seen. 'See, you thought he would blow goats (I have proof). Instead he just blew a geep. Which is a step up from a goat - we win!'

Palin resorted to her gosh darn heck pat phrases aka 'we're going to root out the corruption on wall street' - which is somewhat ironic given McCain has never voted for additional regulation of anything in his life.

But hands down for the best line - it goes to Palin. When I heard it, all I could think of was those braying leftist roosters over at Grods.

"In those arenas, John McCain has already tapped me and said, that's where I want you, I want you to lead. I said, I can't wait to get and there go to work with you."

Gold.

Although it did remind me of Police Academy...


UPDATE: As noted in a wash post forum.

The "Can I call you Joe" was a set-up for:

"Say it ain't so, Joe, there you go again pointing backwards again."

This was planned to be a zinger.

I can't believe I didn't notice that.

2 comments:

  1. are u familiar with "Harper Valley PTA" ?

    wnozizk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah .. is that a good thing or a bad thing? Is she the low class interloper or the stepford wife PTA head?

    ReplyDelete