Thursday, July 17, 2008

The joys of being clippered back

Once upon a time I was a pony tail man. It wasn't a good pony tail. And being overweight naturally I got likened to the Comic Store guy.

Then I noticed a bald patch started appearing - looking like a vine covered cave entrance with my long stringy pony tail hair - so after a while of watching it expand over time I decided to get it all cut off for my brother's wedding.

So I went from arse long hair to a number 4 I think.

It was weird seeing all that hair I had lovingly grown for four or five years ribbon to the ground, but once it was off I have to admit it felt good. Gone were the days of your hair being damp for hours after a shower. And you could rub your head dry in seconds. It was a nice change.

I've been a clipper back person ever since. I let it grow until it gets annoying, then get a 4 or 3 to pare it back.

Yesterday I got a three. The lovely cutter wanted to do small talk but in truth I hate small talk so I just gave yes/no responses. Finally it was all done and it actually made me feel better.

Plus, for those people that scale watch, you lose weight! Not much but still it's something.

Anyway I bounded into the Hyperdome like a newly shorn sheep then happily drove home.

It's funny how a little thing like having a haircut can perk up your mood.

4 comments:

  1. Consider the line of media storage units for starters. The CD storage and DVD storage lines have implausibly neat contours with oodles of style. In the line of CD storage compositions, The Tower is not only a media storage cabinet in curved wood but also an unusual though elegant neon lamp. The Hasta too is a glass-cubed media storage composition complete with élan and style. This line doubles as curio cabinets as well. For all your curios and art works there are other contemporary options like Nuvola Square Hanging Shelf or the new age shelf with its curvaceous design. Many of these curio cabinets can serve as china storage units or a bookshelf too.Bookshelf options available too with Buildbedroom.com. From the open model Rogelio Bookshelf to the colorful and arty Bay wall storage with draws the options are plenty when it comes to storage units and bookcases. It’s easy to titivate your house when you’re starting up with fewer things to focus on. It gets demanding when the household grows. When everything from curios to wall decorative seems to increase in numbers exponentially. Wall storage is extremely arty and useful when you face such a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I had like full anti spam protection and he still got through.

    Fuckwits. Has anyone ever bought anything in the history of blogging from a blog spam robot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gawd imagine having to come up with all that crap about a bookcase, sorry a media storage composition.

    I came home with a number 2 way back when the geek and I hadn't been together very long. He got a shock the poor love.

    The little things do make a difference (I sound like a Birdseye ad). I got some nice blue sheets today, quite chuffed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah the spammers still get through word veri- damn them.

    And having short hair *does* feel nice- especially how quick and easy it is to dry it... I'm no good at hairdresser small-talk... I admire the skill they have in small talk and wish I had the same, but it always peters out after a few minutes and I spend the rest of the time watching the activity of everything behind me in the mirror.

    Oh and if there's no medical reason for you to be scale-watching, put it away. People are always beating up on themselves for putting on half a kilo in a day and rubbish like that, when the truth is a big drink with dinner will do it. Keep up the walking, eat plenty of filling, healthy food and get your wife to measure you with a periodic 'hug test' instead :)

    ReplyDelete