Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Web Find by MB

Check out MB's post on the most hated family in America on the Phelps church in the US. The doco MB links to is especially good. And in a way heart rending. It's bizarre to see this interplay of an extended loving family, relaxed at play and in each other's company, twinned with their picketing of funerals of deceased Service men and women and claiming the American conflicts in the Mid East are a direct result of God punishing them for allowing homosexuality.

Oh Fags in the WBC sense apparently means anything sexual outside of man+woman = marital bed.

Wow.

How these people are able to function in a modern society, clearly enjoying and using all the benefits a modern functioning tech savvy culture provides, yet have a warped cult mindset so alien to the vast majority is beyond me.

But humans are an easily led bunch. We've followed crackpots of all stripes and colours.

I'll end this with a snippet of Life of Brian.

Brian: I am NOT the Messiah!
Arthur: I say you are Lord, and I should know. I've followed a few.

1 comment:

  1. It was actually on tele after Boston Legal on Monday night.

    The damn thing just made me angry. It was heartbreaking too, particularly for those kids, but still irritating as all hell.

    ReplyDelete