Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Day nine - semi fine

Last night was a shocker. So gassy I had to hide on the lounge and take charcoal tabs until it settled down. Now, seemingly okay. I haven't eaten solid food in near 24 hours though so it might have something to do with it. I may have a bar later tonight but in truth the thought of eating one is making me feel sick. The milkshake things are far tastier and more appetizing.

I am fully aware this is a crash diet. Though Optifast claims it is not - and indeed has a graduated back to normal eating plan as part of it.

But I tell you what, if I didn't have to do this for surgery I sure as hell would not try to actually lose weight this way. It's too depressing.

4 comments:

  1. This probably isn't the case - I know all too well what a difficult stomach can do to you, but you know that too much protein will results in the nastiest farts the world has ever seen or heard of?

    Once this is over, of course, you can always go back to the old colitis standard: bananas and white rice. If four days of that doesn't settle your tum tum, nothing will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's prob what it is! I know when Atkins was the craze those around me on it complained of brick like shits and nasty gas.

    Wow. Right now I could go some banana and white rice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, protein foods make for stinkier farts... in terms of gas *quantity*, though, it's hard to outdo falafels... dear god I learned my lesson the hard way with those things!

    And Optifast are bloody liars- of course it's a crash diet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hun is going through something similar atm - he jus went in and got a medical certificate for a gastro bug... just keep an eye on it!

    ReplyDelete