Monday, September 10, 2007

Who would have thought?

Last night I committed IBS sepuku. Gee'ed up by pleasant company and having the burning numbness of rum in me, I decided 'yes, let's get corner store pizza and chips for dinner'.

I'm not sure how it is in other parts of the world but the Oz corner store Pizza is not a Pizza in the traditional sense. It's a Pizza that's gone through to the other side. If Pizza Hut pizza was tract housing the corner store Pizza is a harbour/lake side mansion. Fully an inch thick in the middle it is not, repeat not, friendly on the guts of those with fat intake issues.

Started firing towards the end of the night, bit uncomfortable during the early morning. Now, searing agony. Have to take pain pills and head back to bed.

Was it worth it? Well, yes. It was delish. Totally loved every mouthful. But, in the words of a wise man-woman, less of the myrrh next time. I honestly think the fatty corner store chips laden with chickensalt was the icing on the IBS cake on this one.

2 comments:

  1. God damn I hope I never get IBS... talking to my Mum on the phone last night she said she'd even given up eating CHOCOLATE because it causes too much pain! Is life even worth living without chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... you know you could also just make your own pizza... that way you could control how much fat/carbs etc would be involved.

    ReplyDelete