Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Quality Ranting by Cassmalo

Man I miss the lunchtime walking lads. Their venting makes me feel better.

With thanks to Cassmalo for this e-rant.

I was listening to the radio last night when I got home and they had the senate on - this was just after 11pm - and I was a little bit shocked to hear that they were basically promoting different companies.

One guy rabbited on about Boag's Brewery for a bit, then another talked about P&O Cruises, a resort in the Daintree, and Qantas airlines, before thanking a Dutch hotel chain for returning his wallet.

I looked up the Hansard today to see if I'd imagined it, and no, they really did, but it sort of looked like the talk at the end of the day while they killed time till the Senate was adjourned. See? http://www.aph.gov.au/hansard/senate/dailys/ds140807.pdf

But still! We're paying these idiots to advertise for people?! (Referring to Qantas as the national carrier, thereby promoting it over Virgin, and saying that P&O could hardly be held responsible for "security incidents" on their ships because people had to take responsibility for themselves were my two favourite bits.)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's pretty crappy...

    Er, what I mean is 'they work so hard for the Australian people'...

    ReplyDelete