Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Five Favourite Quotes Tag

I gots me tagged by Mr Art Vandelay. Apparently one has to list one's top five quotes of all time.

That's hard. I'm not a big quotations guy. Sure I'm aware of your classic 'St Crispin's day' or your 'Fight them on the Beaches (look out it's Barbara Hershey's lips!)' but I don't use them in every day speak.

But I do use these in everyday speak. From the top of my head.

'Because I've learned platonic love can exist between two men' - Wayne's World.

'Well, animals are not like people, Mrs. Simpson. Some of them act badly because they've had a hard life, or have been mistreated...but, like people, some of them are just jerks.' - Bart Gets an Elephant (the Simpsons).

'... if indeed, you are a woman' - from Black Adder II (said in reference under my breath when sighting a manish looking woman - which is cruel I admit).

'Dang a dang, dang, dang, dang, dang, dang, dang' - the Dueling Banjo's Riff from Deliverance (hummed under my breath when passing particularly splendid examples of human variety).

'These are my personal views and do not reflect that of the public service organisation for which I work for' - Me (after a lefty rant where I realise that politically neutral or indeed conservative leaning types are in ear shot).

So I have to tag back eh? Okay. Sarah/Gam (they can share), Miss Politics, Larry_WMR, Bruce, and Cassmalo.

2 comments:

  1. R dang.... u... got me...

    Do I have a deadline?

    ReplyDelete
  2. One week until the stroke of midnight.

    Awe what the heck.

    12.03.

    ReplyDelete

No comments needed, really.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.