Saturday, September 09, 2006

Mr Peter Brock Moment

A colleague in my new area, and who I last worked near some three years ago came and got my assistance yesterday for a PDF problem. For some reason I am regarded as a guru despite the fact I know perhaps a skerrick more about computers than the average office worker. For example I can't even load memory into a PC. That's how lame I am. I have to get friends to do it.

After assisting her (successfully) I returned to my desk. Five minutes later she came back to me.

"Peter ... Peter Brock just got killed ... " she said, looking shocked. She blinked then walked off.

Now it's a tragedy sure. I understand that. But I've like spoken to her twice in three years, helped her for two minutes, then she comes and tells me about a celebrity death.

Weird...

2 comments:

  1. People like to share news, good or bad. I don't know why that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's genetic.

    (your vestigal tail is showing...*)

    (*lie)

    ReplyDelete