Saturday, April 08, 2006

Your time starts now...

I love the Sydney Morning Herald. It's one of the finest papers on the planet. And I love their Good Weekend colour supplement. And in the Good Weekend they have this thing called 'Your Time Starts Now' where they give celebs a bunch of questions to reveal stuff about them.

I am never going to be famous. I will likely die fat and embittered. However, I'm not waiting for that to happen just yet, so I figured I will have a crack at this, fame though I not have.

If you want, you do the same on yer blog (or in the comments on this one if you don't have yer own blog turf carved out).

Here we go.

My earliest memory is ... standing in the cabin of a combine harvester aged about three.

At school I ... used to rub cheese along my thigh into a big jelly like snake, covered in grime, then eat it. The kid who ate worms has nothing on me.

My first relationship was ... not good. I just crushes on every girl who was pretty or nice to me and never ever got past the cow eyed look of longing stage.

I don't like talking about ... cricket, oh no, I hate it !

I wish I had never worn... my brown outfit - desert boots, brown corduroy pants, dark brown velvet jumper - I looked like a bouncer at a nightclub owned by Mr Hanky, the Christmas Poo

My mother always told me... stop playing with yourself.

I wish I had ... done all the pre-reading for my undergrad uni course.

I wish I hadn't ... done a whole host of things that still make me cringe 20 years later.

My most humiliating moment was ... telling my mum she was a cynic and evil for no reason at all, then watching her face fall with sadness.

My happiest moments were ... lying in the sun watching Saturday morning TV

At home I cook ... pancakes and open steak sandwiches.

My last meal would be ...
pancakes and open steak sandwiches.

My favourite gadget is ... my PC - he's awesome.

When I was a child I wanted to be... a jet pilot vicar.

The book that changed my life is ... Catch 22 - I realised the power of books when I read that. And to think it was a school set text.

It's not fashionable but I love ... playing Warlords II, a game from 1994.

Perhaps I should have studied... law. I have immense respect for lawyers that stand up for people.

What I don't find amusing is... federal politics.

Friends say I'm... angry and jolly. Jangry? Or Aolly?

If I wasn't me I'd like to be... you (creeped out huh?)

At the moment I'm reading... hang on I'll just get it ... Titmuss Regained by John Mortimer - the dude who wrote Rumpole and who has spent 30 odd years standing up for people as a barrister.

My favourite work of art is... my wife

I often wonder... why I keep saying 'now what was his name?' in my head whenever I'm drifting off in thought.


-------------

Now you !


My earliest memory is ...
At school I ...
My first relationship was ...
I don't like talking about ...
I wish I had never worn ...
My mother always told me ...
I wish I had ...
I wish I hadn't ...
My most humiliating moment was ...
My happiest moments were ...
At home I cook ...
My last meal would be ...
My favourite gadget is ...
When I was a child I wanted to be ...
The book that changed my life is ...
It's not fashionable but I love ...
Perhaps I should have studied ...
What I don't find amusing is ...
Friends say I'm ...
If I wasn't me I'd like to be ...
At the moment I'm reading ...
My favourite work of art is ...
I often wonder ...

2 comments:

  1. I just cooked a pancake. It ... did not go well. Fat free milk, iffy egg, some weird ass flour.

    Me feel so not horny. Me no love you short time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eww fat free milk. Glad that pancake didn't wind up being your last meal- what a crappy one to go out on!

    Good idea pinching the Good Weekend thingy. I always read that column. Sometimes the attempts of the 'subject' at the questions try way too hard to be obscure, though.

    I'll do one in my blog... I know it's in dire need of a serious post rather than a packet-mix one, but I had two exams this morning, so I feel excused... thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete