Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The '20 Questions About Food' Quiz

I got tagged by Capital Mum with a Food Quiz. Click her link to see where it came from originally. I in turn Tag Watermelon man (since he once tagged me), and the ever intriguing Cass, because I just gots to know more about her, on account of her extreme coolness.

1.What's your favourite food of all time?

Steak


2.What's your favourite comfort food?

Steak (Money's too tight for steak)… steak.


3.What's the most you've ever spent on a dinner per person?

$110. The rotating restaurant atop Telstra Tower in Canberra.

4.What's your favourite gourmet food?

Go-er-met eh? Hmm, not sure what qualifies as Go-er-met. Pringles?

5.What's your favourite non-alcoholic beverage?

Diet Coke of course. It's Phenalaylinastic !

6.What, if any, foods are you allergic to?

Chocolate Mousse Powder. (I originally wrote Moose Powder, then Mouse Powder. Ironically I could eat both of those).

7.What food do you hate the most?

Cowpat Cake.

8.Do you eat meat?

You Betcha – though lately I've been feeling a tad guilty at pleasure I take in consuming the flesh of other animals. I think I read about this chef who changed to plant matter only after he realised he was trying to come up with a creative way to process a corpse. That almost put me off meat. Almost (takes bite out of raw steak).

9.What is the earliest food you remember eating?

Does Chlorinated Pool Water count?


10.What is the last thing you ate?

A savoury pancake, courtesy of Fad. His method? 1 egg per person +1 egg overall, ¾ cup of flour per person, and a cup of milk per person. Once it's mixed, chuck in the savoury bits.



11.What's the last thing you ate that made you vomit?

Rainbow slicked ham. Actually, I don't think that did make me vomit. It gave me gastro instead. Just like Homer with the world's biggest hoggie. Marge: "You going to eat that?" Homer: "… yes …". I had a blocked nose and didn't realise it was off. My wife did when she came into the kitchen and asked 'what's that horrid smell'.


12.What's your favourite kind of pie?

Blackberry pie


13.What's the last thing you cooked?

Nosh. It's bolognaise mixed into spaghetti, with cheese, milk, and tomato sauce stirred through with it. This is then simmered. It's awesome.


14.What is the weirdest thing you have eaten?

Whiskettes I think. And the ball bearings out of my brother's meccano set.


15.Have you ever had food poisoning?

Boy howdy. I nearly had to cop for the soiling charge in the taxi home.


16.Favourite cheese?

Brie.


17.How do you like your eggs?

Fried, sunny side up.


18.What cuisine do you crave RIGHT NOW?

Do you mean style? English roasts.

19.How far have you travelled just to get a certain food?

100 km. Back when our home town was yet to have a McDonalds.

20.If you were to be eaten, how would you like to be served?

This sounds like something from the pen of a certain extreme fetish artist I encountered on the web (shudder).

I would like to be powdered. Then reconstituted. The choice of liquid used is yours.

5 comments:

  1. Whiskettes

    Is there anyone who grew up with a cat who never tried whiskettes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never did, but I never had a cat either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last St. Paddy's a friend of mine became so intoxicated he thought cat food sounded like a good thing to eat. So he did, and he was still trying to get the taste out of his mouth the next day.

    That stuff is vile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 14.What is the weirdest thing you have eaten?

    Whiskettes I think. And the ball bearings out of my brother's meccano set.


    Nahhh, I saw you eat a grape on a corn chip. I thnk that is pretty wierd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i heard someone say recently that all "gourmet" food wants to taste like bacon do you think that is true?

    ReplyDelete